Research Grants & Awards
McCoy College supports socially impactful, business relevant research through endowed professorships, grant funding, annual awards, and summer stipends. For more information on a specific faculty member’s research, department, or expertise, please refer to their Texas State Faculty Profile or Google Scholar.
The McCoy College Foundation funds several endowed chairs and professorships.
The McCoy College conducts national searches to identify and recruit highly acclaimed faculty as endowed chairs. These renowned scholars collaborate with faculty throughout the College, push the frontiers of discovery and education, mentor students and colleagues, and engage with external stakeholders to promote the McCoy College mission.
- Emmett and Miriam McCoy Excellence Chair
- Dr. Cecily Raiborn, Accounting (2006 – 2019)
- Jerry D. and Linda Gregg Fields Chair in Ethics and Corporate Responsibility
- Dr. Micki Kacmar, Management (2014 – present)
- Jerry D. and Linda Gregg Fields Chair in Urban and Regional Economics
- Dr. James LeSage, Economics (2006 – present)
Endowed professorships are awarded through a competitive process, and selected faculty are appointed for a three-year term. Professorship funds can be used to facilitate scholarly activities, engage students, and support salary.
- Sam Barshop Excellence Professorship in Entrepreneurship
Dr. Jana Minifie, Management (2015 – 2018)
- Dr. James Bell, Management (2012 – 2015)
- Scott Emerson Professorship in Business Administration
- Dr. Nathan Cannon, Accounting (2019 – 2021)
- Dean Paul R. Gowens Excellence Professorship in Business Administration
- Steven R. Gregg, Sr. Excellence Professorship
- Brandon Dee Roberts Excellence Professorship
- Tom and Jo Roddy Professor in Finance
- Darren Casey Endowed Professorship in Business
- Dr. Sanjay Ramchander, Finance (2020 - current)
Robert J. Olney Early Career Research Award
Dr. Robert Olney served as the associate dean for the Graduate School of McCoy College. He was associate dean for 24 years, retiring in 2009. Dr. Olney supported more than 2,500 students who received graduate degrees during his tenure, and he was also very engaged in encouraging and assisting new faculty be successful in teaching and research.
The Olney Research Award, first awarded in fall 2015, recognizes the scholarly success of a faculty member early in his or her career. The awardee must be in a tenure-track position in McCoy College, have been on tenure track for no less than 2 years and no more than 4 years, have significant research productivity, and have a promising research agenda.
Past Olney Award Winners
2019: Dr. Marc McAllister, Business Law
- 2018: Dr. Linda Alkire, Marketing
- 2017: Dr. Andrew Ojede, Economics
- 2016: Dr. Steven Rayburn, Marketing
- 2015: Dr. Lucian Visinescu, Computer Information Systems
Woods Research Award
The Gary V. Woods Award winner is chosen from among all tenured and tenure-track faculty and is based on scholarly performance over the course of three years.
2020: Dr. Nate Cannon, Accounting
2019: Dr. Taewon Suh, Marketing
2018: Dr. Andrew Ojede, Economics
- 2017: Dr. Tahir Ekin, CIS & Quantitative Methods
- 2016: Dr. Brian Miller, Management
- 2015: Dr. Linda Campbell, Accounting
- 2014: Dr. Vishag Badrinarayanan
- 2013:Dr. Li Feng, Economics
- 2012: Dr. Enrique Becerra, Marketing
- 2011: Dr. Jeremy Sierra, Marketing
- 2010: Dr. Brian Miller, Management
- 2009: Dr. Sam Lee, CIS & Quantitative Methods
- 2008: Dr. Ha-Chin Yi, Finance
- 2007: Dr. Taewon Suh, Marketing
- 2006: Dr. Steve Thompson, Accounting
- 2005: Dr. Debbie Thorne, Marketing
McCoy College Research Grant Recipients
2019: Dr. Jeffery Todd, Business Law
2019: Dr. Indu Ramachandran, Management
2019: Dr. Maggie Wan, Management
2018: Dr. Jeffery Todd, Business Law
2018: Dr. Linda Alkire, Marketing
2017: Dr. Floyd Quinn, Management
- 2017: Dr. Indu Ramachandran, Management
- 2017: Dr. Andrew Ojede, Economics